Competing on big data is heating up at media companies
With the rapid growth of owned digital platforms, additional data coming from traditional and OTT affiliate partners, and a significant investment in data analytics, business leaders and CIOs are today evaluating opportunities to even better harness big data across ad sales, marketing, and viewership.
IBB brings a senior team of media industry-focused big data architects, data strategists, data scientists and analysts to develop and optimize enterprise big data solutions.
Big data initiatives we help clients with:
- Enhanced customer engagement: for example, increasing media audience by gaining viewership insights using objective measures, such as the quality of customer experience
- Product development: for instance, enhancing product features that are better adapted to the market, by monitoring consumers’ feedback and recommendations
- Optimized advertising: such as increasing advertising yield and refining target market, using cross-platform performance analyses
- Targeted marketing: for example, lead a data-driven marketing strategy thanks to micro segmentation of the market, customer-specific best next offer and product recommendations
- Operations: such as improving business processes, by monitoring and analyzing daily activities
IBB’s big data services
We help media companies bridge the gap between data complexity and targeted insights, across our industries of expertise: media, cable and wireless. We work in close collaboration with our client’s team, building into the process the ability for the platforms to change as operational needs evolve. We bring deep industry insights to data-driven strategy, governance and big data architecture.
We focus on actionable data-driven initiatives:
Data driven strategies
- Plan and implement big data initiatives in concert with our client’s revenue growth strategies
- Agile and interactive use cases, with prioritization approach and roadmaps.
- Balanced delivery of quick wins and foundational capabilities.
Practical data governance methods
- Lightweight governance methods to enhance big data operations, and quickly implement required support.
- Accountability for data stewardship and risk management with minimized overhead.
- Balance out flexible central and distributed policy approaches.
Big data architecture and optimization
- Design enterprise architecture and solutions, using the best practice architecture patterns.
- Optimize existing EDW and traditional BI/reporting data solutions.
- Our point of view is market unbiased and vendor agnostic.
Rapid data science execution
- Our team of domain expert data scientists are self-sufficient, and optimize proven data analytics methodologies.
- We have a deep, industry-specific knowledge which plays a crucial role in delivering insights in a very short amount of time.
- The toolsets we create and our knowledge are easily transferable to stakeholders and client teams.
Big data app development
- Our work is based on agile development capabilities, and we leverage extensive vendor solution knowledge for integration needs.
- We promote ready-to-use and open-source solution components for rapid deployment.
- We rely on reusable best practice big data reference architecture foundations.
IBB’s strength revolves around four principles: cross-functional teams, industry-specific approaches, multiple but targeted analytical methods, and fast yet actionable results.
Our cross-functional consultants work at multiple levels across the value chain. Our smaller productive teams rapidly identify issues, strategize and move back and forth from prototype to production, for more efficiency.
Our proprietary industry-specific analytics and smart data approach means that we have the knowledge to move quickly to diagnose, define and prioritize technology solutions that begin adding value immediately, and are the ones that will add highest value in the long term. We understand the language of your business and intricacies of the space.
IBB’s grip on media industry direction, paired with our exploratory insights-driven approach to data analysis, expedites the requirements-gathering process. IBB solves business problems with a range of analytical methods ranging from visualization to advanced regression and optimization techniques.
Rapid translation of business requirements into value-added analytics requirements means agile development and faster full-lifecycle implementations.